automatic testing with testconf
With automatic testing testconf will run tests for data leafs of existing configuration data on the server. testconf gets the YANG models and configuration data via NETCONF and extracts data leafs of type string, int8, int16, ... More data types will be supported in the future. For every leaf it extracts the xpath and it's type.
Then testconf generates valid and invalid data for testing. For now some YANG features like custom range for numbers and patterns are not yet supported.
The source code is at github.
The demo of this integration can be played below:
Description of the demo:
- 00:00 - 00:15: Setup the terminal
- 00:15 - 00:22: Pull relevant docker containers.
- 00:22 - 00:30: Run the docker container sysrepo/sysrepo-netopeer2:latest and sysrepo/testconf:autotest_v_1.0
- 00:30 - 00:55: Add xml config data.
- 00:55 - 01:28: Run sysrepod and netopeer2-server.
- 01:28 - 04:55: Run automatic tests in testconf.